Digital Signage Software
In any digital signage installation there are three elements working together; the content, the hardware and the software. Digital signage involves a range of options for displaying digital information on digital displays. Behind the display, a digital signage software is running with the aim to show dynamic content.
Today there are hundreds of different signage software offered in the marketplace. The ability to select and separate the different signage software from each other can sometimes be difficult. What should you think of when choosing your digital signage software? And why is choosing the right software so important for a digital signage solution? The checklist below may be a helpful tool when choosing the right software for your digital signage project.
Checklist for choosing software for digital signage
- Clarify the purpose for your signage solution what do you want your digital signage installation to achieve?
- Do you prefer a hosted solution or do you require owning your own system?
- How user-friendly is the software? Is it made for technicians or end-users?
- Is support included with your software? Every software will have issues. The matter is how quick it will be resolved and to what cost.
- What platform do you prefer? Windows, Android, IOS, Linux? Or simple HTML5 or smil players? Every platform/player has pros and cons. Ensure your requirements are met and that you can grow with your system.
- Where does the file storage sit in your solution? Should it be cloud based or locally stored on the player?
- How do you create your presentations? Do you get already pre-made content or would you like to have the creative freedom to do it yourself? See what limitations your solutions will give you.
- What file formats are supported for the content? Can the digital signage system be integrated with other digital solutions and media, for example integration with social media platforms, third party vendors such as motion sensors, web-cams, database connections etc.?
- Scalability; does the system allow you to start small-scale and then grow to a multi-site system without unnecessary complications whenever needed?
- Scheduling; does the software allow you to schedule your content according to your needs? Date and time of day is standard, but what if you wish to schedule based on people looking at the screen, weather or someone touching a specific product (triggered content)?
- Will your solution allow you to manage and administrate your system without the need for an internet connection?
- And finally, make sure that you have your requirements set out. Once you have that you can narrow down the number of software suitable. When that is in place you can start looking at hardware that is compatible with your solution.
Many clients that we have had over the years are sometimes reluctant to invest a lot of money in a professional digital signage system. They believe that a power point will do the trick. Many times, maybe even every time, the client has returned after six months or a year, realising that their needs grew once they understood the power of a digital signage system. So make sure you consider even future needs that might be hard to estimate when you plan for your first digital signage project.
About DISE digital signage software
DISE is a software for digital signage that is used for advertising, corporate and public information, reception areas, menu boards, info kiosks, sports arenas and transportation areas. DISE software is scalable and can be used for small scale solutions as well as large scale installations with thousands of digital signage players. Through quality and performance and by applications of new technologies and technical solutions, DISE has become one of the world’s leading software for digital signage. With experience, safety and quality we believe that DISE signage software is the best choice for your digital signage installation.